This module is a brief introduction to various tools and techniques that can be used to map data, i.e. graphically represent dependencies and hierarchies between individual entities.
Module Class: Method
Assignment: Designing a research project
Assigment with the task to design a research project.
MC kit “Understanding scientific research” includes the following elements:
- a template
- detailed information on research design
- a sample solution
MC kit “Research methods” includes the following elements:
Research Project design (60 minutes + 15 days supervised homework):
Professor will ask students to create their own international research plans. For that purpose, students will be provided with the following guidelines:
- Deciding the topic to research
- finding common topics of interest for students in different European countries.
- Students will have to plan a research connecting the area of Language/Language teaching/Lingustics to selected topics from the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations.
- This way, students will have to find the social and development value of Linguistics in any of its research lines: Applied Linguistics, Language Teacher Training, etc.)
- Developing arguments to set personal interests, local interest, global interest, social needs, etc.
- Defining the research methodology:
- How?: research paradigm, instruments (interviews, questionnaires, focus groups, observation sheets,…)
- Where?: context (local and global)
- Who?: participants (researchers and participants or informants)
- When?: time of the year, longitudinal study?