The modules introduces research on the post digital to answer the question “What is post digital?” by referring to existing discussions. Subquestion refer to the notions of technology, digital environments and networked publics.
- Find a video on YouTube on post digital definitions
- what it means to you
- Watch the video about the course
- What have you discovered?
- What do you think about it?
- How has it informed your thinking?
- Questions and answers on the notion of post digital (with the teacher)
Task at home:
- Read the papers:
- Networked Publics: Dana Boyd (2011) https://www.danah.org/papers/2010/SNSasNetworkedPublics.pdf
- Semiotic Domains: James Paul Gee (2003) https://mason.gmu.edu/~lsmithg/jamespaulgee2print.html
- Qualities of digital environments Murray (1998) https://asukane.wordpress.com/2014/06/14/4essential-elements-digital-environments/
- Participatory Culture – Jenkinshttps://www.macfound.org/media/article_pdfs/jenkins_white_paper.pdf
- Students self select the correct competence for this activity from DQ knowledge/ skills / attitudes. https://www.dqinstitute.org/global-standards/